LARGE FILE AHOY
My first submission for 2010 is this miscellaneous bunch of sketches and paintings from the years 2007-2010. I cleaned my folders and once again found stuff I didn't even remember I had drawn.
This is a file full of Fail, because I really don't like any of these pictures as they are. If I bothered to revise some, I probably could learn to like them, but I figured it'd be a fresh start for the new year to show you the works I'm not particularly proud of in any way. I do have more, but I can't be arsed to scan them.
But still, I think sometimes it's just healthy to admit that ok, this is not what I wanted and it looks like shit. Disappointments are inevitable in art, and so no one should try to avoid them but to learn from them when they happen. Does that sound corny?
Starting from the top, from left to right:
1. Dinobot silliness from 2008.
2. One part of a school project from early 2008.
3. LOL something I started last year before RotF came out. It was supposed to be a retro movie poster.
4. I... don't know. The file is from 2007. A steampunk computer?
5. 2009. It looks like Gollum.
6. Early 2009. Was supposed to be some Optimus badassery, but I forgot it when something morei interesting came up.
7. Another school project, 2007 if I remember correctly. A modern day version of a painting by a Finnish painter Helen Schjerfbeck.
8. 2009, a sketch for a graphics and printing course at school.
9. Something random from last month.
10. An almost finished painting from 2008 that I started to hate and never put it up.
11. LEONARDO from AC2 that I drew just now but I didn't like it enough to submit it. :C I did this mostly because every pic I've drawn of him has been a 5-second doodle.
12. Yet another school project from the nude painting class. 2008.
13. A silly sketch I did when I got my tickets to RotF.